Reports Directly To: Senior Director of Engineering
Xem chi tiết
Overall Purpose Of The Job
(Brief description of the primary purpose of this position)
Experienced technical and business savvy individual who frequently interacts with peer roles in both product management and product engineering. The role has to do the balancing act of managing technical processes and teams along with using his technical skills to provide the necessary environment for project success.
(Critical responsibilities and skills of this position, listed in order of importance)
• Manage the successful delivery of a number of client and group strategic projects, as defined in the project portfolio.
• Responsible for designing the technical architecture in conformance to the prescribed set of measurable features (Performance, scalability, extensibility etc) which are outlined in the Business Requirements Specification (BRS).
• Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for project developments
• Manages client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
• Manage vendors to ensure successful delivery of all aspects of the projects.
• Responsible for managing technical risks on the projects. Communicates and enforces coding standards.
• Creates partnership with project manager to give them technical assistance with important decisions. Elaborates quality requirements and drive technical evaluation.
• Keeps project manager well informed of status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager.
A creative individual with deep technological expertise, business acumen and software development background. Must be able to make technical and structural design choices relative to the product, dictates technical standards, software coding standards, operating and development environments, and technical infrastructure and metrics.
The Technical Lead must be able to communicate well with both internal and external organisations, e.g. contract development firms, technology partners, and customers. Internally, the role communicates and works with Group Product Engineering and Product Management teams.
• Proficient in handling complex technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques
• Proficient in IOS/Android APP, .NET and responsive website etc. framework design and implementation.
• Conceptualisation Skills – Ability to create product architecture, evaluate and foresee the applicability of diverse architectural designs relative to the product.
• Engineering Skills – Ability to advocate and relate to different development methods and modelling techniques
• Ability to define, document, and communicate
• Deep understanding of web and/or mobile technology
• Good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
• Experience with building distributed n-tier systems
• Experience in troubleshooting, software development processes and ability to understand and drive client requirements.
• Good grip on non-functional areas like performance, scalability studies, human interaction, software ergonomics
• Guidance and management of external and internal delivery teams
• Driving the collaboration with business area(s), IS, and technology vendors to ensure that all project participants are effectively communicating and executing tasks as specified in the project plan.
• Review work of development team
• Work effectively in a multi-tasking environment. Know how to prioritise competing tasks.
Required Competencies (Critical behaviors necessary to successfully perform the job)
• Business acumen and analytical skills
• Strong Content Management and eCommerce background
• Hands-on with a strong sense of urgency, and willing to “roll sleeves up.”
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clarity, brevity and accuracy
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a matrix structure