Mô tả công việc
Please note that this position is “Manager, Merchandising Lighting/ Decoration Accessories”
The Manager, Merchandising is the representative of a brand or category in the overseas sourcing offices of Williams-Sonoma, Inc., and is responsible for executing Brand directives in their focus market/country. They are the primary liaison between both the San Francisco and New York based teams, and the factories, managing seasonal developments, vendor relations and key communications. They work in conjunction with local QA and Merchandising teams to support Brand developments and factory needs.
1. Product Development:
- Work with SF/NY teams on seasonal placement strategy to ensure right product, right vendor.
- Fully versed on the master calendar and all key milestone dates, and expectations. Responsible for calendar adherence.
- Responsible for reporting all exceptions and issues with calendar adherence.
- Manage vendor placement and spec packet hand off with factories and technicians and engineering team.
- Communicate target costs and expected sample ETD’s to vendors; work closely with factories to cost engineer product to meet target costing.
- Own the development from concept through product approval and pre-production meetings.
- Communicate program approval to vendors and ensure that the factory has an MCS and approved colour panel before they go into production.
- Manage new product test submits, ensuring vendors are staying on track for on-time delivery of 1st PO’s.
- Manage any resourcing projects into your respective market/brand/category.
- Annual review of costing in order to find cost savings, IMU% opportunities, through agreed upon strategy, re-engineering, etc
- Upfront work with Engineering teams: Product, Packaging, etc
- Responsible for managing a team of Furniture Engineers** if applicable category
2. Negotiate costs and MOQs
- Partner with Sourcing teams and factories to achieve target price/target margin for seasonal developments.
- Obtain agreement on initial and reorder MOQs.
- Manage quarterly Master Cost/MOQ file with program updates.
- Address factory up-charges as they arise and negotiate cost increases to finalize negotiations.
3. Vendor relations and capacity management
- Align with corporate sourcing teams on short and long-term sourcing strategies.
- Facilitate On-boarding of new vendors.
- Create strong relationships with all of our key vendors.
- Conduct monthly capacity reviews against forecasts; work in sync with Inventory.
- Stay on top of factory issues (strikes, holidays, etc) and communicate as needed.
- Regular contact with Sourcing teams to understand the material/product needs of approaching seasons. Work with PD to attain mood boards in proper time frames.
- Visit trade shows in Asia to source new factories as well as network within the industries.
- Keen understanding of the full capabilities of our vendor and understand where our competitors are producing their product in your country.
5. Development Trips
- Coordinate development trips with corporate Sourcing team.
- Prepare and arrange trip binders with your team.
- Create PD trip recaps, and work closely with vendors on all follow-ups, revisions, costing, in a timely manner that meets master calendar milestones.
- Ensure all revisions are implemented on revised samples.
6. Manage Furniture Technician and Merchandising team ** when applicable
- Prioritize and maintain technician priorities and schedules across factories
- Monitor performance and develop goals/growth plan for furniture technicians and merchandising team.