Lưu công việc
SO SÁNH LƯƠNG
Mô tả công việc
The position, under the supervision of the CCAFS Regional Program Leader and IRRI Representative, will address diversified tasks related to a project on scaling out greenhouse gas mitigation technologies for rice production in Vietnam as defined under the CCAFS 2019-21 “adoption at scale” project. Apart from research, the position also requires close collaboration with Vietnamese government partners, most importantly departments and research institutes under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), private sector actors and stakeholders of other climate change projects. Moreover, this position will require analytical skills to interpret and publish results from adaptive research and support the IRRI Vietnam office, namely within the context of developing funding proposals. The successful candidate will be expected to perform the summary tasks as follows:
- Conceptualize, design and implement adaptive research activities focusing on the dissemination of low-emission technologies in rice production
- Identify new pathways for fostering large-scale implementation of GHG mitigation options in rice, e.g. through private sector engagement
- Monitor project progress and collect necessary data to support the M&E process. Lead the project reporting.
- Pro-actively engage national partners, e.g. MARD, private sector companies and research institutes in project implementation
- Maintain active communication with other IRRI teams in the region to effectively align activities
- Build new partnerships with other collaborators and investors
- Outcome-oriented strategies of conducting R4D and adaptive research
- Provide strategic input to the development of research products for private and public decision makers in view of low-carbon development of the rice sector
- Supervise the work of project staff and students and assist Postdoctoral Fellows
- Monitor financial resources as well as budget allocation approvals to ensure sustainable operations
- Properly manage data according to IRRI’s guidelines
Yêu cầu công việc
- PhD in Environmental Sciences or related field and min. 3 years relevant work experience; or
- Masters degree in Environmental Sciences or related field and min. 6 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated a pro-active and independent way of working
- Strongly outcome-oriented
- Good knowledge and relationship with government agencies at central and local levels of agriculture systems, preferably MARD
- Experience with advanced approaches in agriculture technologies, preferably GHG mitigation
- Excellent writing skills in English including scientific writing
- Experience in proposal development
- Demonstrated record of publications and research works
- Excellent Vietnamese and English, both written and oral skills
* Terms of appointment:
- This is a Nationally Professional Fixed Term position, based in Hanoi, open to Vietnamese Nationality, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- The contract is for a period of 3 (Three) years, with high possibility of renewal, subject to 3 (three) months probation period, assessment of performance and availability of resources.
- The selected applicant will assume the position expected in April/May 2019
How to apply
Applications for the position must be in English and include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements
- A detailed curriculum vitae with publication records.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, and email address.
All correspondences should be addressed via Vietnamworks, with subject line “CCAFS Senior Associate Scientist I –Climate Change” no later than 5p.m, 15 January 2019.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the requirements stated above will be contacted.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Social insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance according to Labor Laws
- Good chance to study and develop career path stably
Giới thiệu về công ty
International Rice Research Institute - Vietnam Office
Xem chi tiết công ty
Địa chỉ :
Người liên hệ : Bộ phận nhân sự International Rice Research Institute - Vietnam Office
Quy mô công ty : Đang cập nhật
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), is a nonprofit independent research and training organization. IRRI is a member of the the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security – Southeast Asia (CCAFS-SEA) is hosted by IRRI and is implemented in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and Phillipines. The CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) seeks to overcome the threats to agriculture and food security in a changing climate, exploring new ways of helping vulnerable rural communities adjust to global changes in climate.