- Chức vụ: Nhân viên
- Kinh nghiệm: Không yêu cầu
- Hình thức làm việc: Toàn thời gian cố định
- Yêu cầu bằng cấp: Không yêu cầu
- Yêu cầu giới tính: Không yêu cầu
- Số lượng cần tuyển: 0 ứng viên
- Ngành nghề:
Luật - Pháp lý
Biên - Phiên dịch
Mô tả công việc
The New Zealand Embassy seeks high quality and motivated applicants with policy experience and excellent interpretation/translation skills for the role of Policy Adviser/Interpreter.
The purpose of the role is to provide policy and interpretation/translation support for the New Zealand Embassy as New Zealand seeks to grow its relationship with Viet Nam across the trade, economic, education, political and defence areas. The role will require building strong networks with Vietnamese and New Zealand government agencies and other embassies, doing research in policy areas of New Zealand interests and supporting official meetings and visits. A strong understanding of the Vietnamese political systems and processes is required.
This is an exciting role which will appeal to applicants who have previous policy and interpretation/translation experience and are looking for a varied and challenging position in an Embassy environment.
This is a full time permanent position.
The remuneration rate will be in the range of VND 419,642,841 – 567,752,079 per annum, based on the experience level and skills of the successful candidate.
• Provide accurate interpretation services at official meetings and functions involving seconded Embassy staff and other New Zealand officials and Government representatives (including high level leaders).
• Provide accurate and timely translation services for all general and official correspondence, newspaper clippings and other publications etc requiring translation into English, and for all outward Embassy official documentation & correspondence requiring translation into Vietnamese.
Research and Policy Support
• Undertake research on a range of trade, political, security and economic issues of interest to New Zealand.
• Monitor local media, Government publications, internet etc - collect and collate statistical and other relevant information on developments in Viet Nam’s economy and trade policy, domestic political issues, foreign policy and relations with other countries within the region. Prepare summaries and detailed reports on these issues as required.
• Monitor press and other media sources to stay informed on current events and developments relevant to the bilateral relationship.
• In consultation with the Deputy Head of Mission, respond to general policy-related enquiries from the public and from Vietnamese agencies.
• Develop and maintain contacts with appropriate Vietnamese Government agencies, trade and business organisations, relevant research/academic institutions, media and other organisations of New Zealand interest.
• Arrange calls, meetings and other contact with Vietnamese government and non-government interlocutors for Embassy staff, with background briefing provided when required.
• Liaise regularly with counterparts in other missions (including Australia and the US), key staff at the NZ Consul-General in Ho Chi Minh City and other NZ Government Departments and agencies.
• Act as local liaison point for the Embassy’s Defence Attaché, Customs Liaison Officer and Police Liaison Officer based in other locations, to assist them to perform their accredited duties in full including during liaison visits to Viet Nam.
• Prepare or contribute to briefings for high-level and other official visitors to and from New Zealand and Viet Nam.
• Assist with administrative arrangements for official visit programmes.
• Escort official visitors during their programmes within Viet Nam as required.
Other duties as required.
Yêu cầu công việc
• A suitable tertiary qualification and relevant work experience;
• Fluency in both English and Vietnamese – high standards of oral and written communications skills are essential, and substantial sequential interpretation and translation experience is also essential
• Successful policy experience within the Viet Nam government, the private sector, or embassies
• Display a sound knowledge of Vietnamese political and economic systems and process, as well as political, cultural and diplomatic protocols
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Proven research and analytical skills with emphasis on accuracy to detail
• Demonstrable network of government contacts, and proven ability to influence that network,
• Proven ability to work independently and proactively, adapt to changing situations and respond to a multiple demands.
• Demonstrated cross-cultural awareness
Our ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
• Be a self-starter, someone able to work creatively in a fluid and evolving context
• Good interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
• Have great energy, a good sense of humour and the ability to work well under pressure
• Have existing strong networks across the public sector in Viet Nam and the drive to expand and deepen these networks.
• Have a passion for getting the job done, and understand the importance of tight and timely execution
Qualified applicants should submit their application, including a covering letter, CV, and contact details for two references by no later than 5pm on Wednesday 30 January 2019. Please include “Application: Policy Adviser/Interpreter” in the title of your email. The successful candidate will need to satisfy a police check.
A copy of the full position description for this role may be obtained from the New Zealand Embassy; please send a request to the email address above.
For more information on the role, the New Zealand Embassy, and our work in Viet Nam, please visit ********* and the Embassy’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/nzembassyvietnam.
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- According to company policy
- Insurance and other benefits in accordance Vietnamese labor code
- Dynamic working enviornment