Mô tả công việc
( Xem thêm )
( Rút gọn )
About the Function: The Vendor Management (VM) team is accountable for global vendor/cross-functional/brand relationships, performance as per defined sourcing strategy, strategic capacity planning .The sub teams - Strategic Sourcing, Product Development and Vendor Development work in specialized operating model in order to facilitate more nimble sample development, drive value added activities & innovation and improve our responsive capability to service the business better.
About the Team: The Vendor Development team as a part of the VM team focuses on lean manufacturing processes and production and manages the production issues and helps develop the overall vendor capability.
About the Role: The Merchandiser Vendor Development VM will be responsible for execution of vendor development strategy, production activities at the vendor and facility level. S/he would be responsible of tracking the processes and timely delivery to meet the RDC & the quality expectations. S/he would additionally work to ensure that all commercial decisions and standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Train vendors on conducting capacity planning using SAM/SEU. Perform capacity monitoring on a regular basis.
• Support and drive lean initiatives (e.g. workflow, line layout, combining operations)/deployment plan with our strategic vendors
• Support establishing efficiency baseline/man-machine ratios and guide vendors to achieve their longer term strategic targets
• Continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
• Execute strategic key vendor development strategy as requested by Hub including management of new vendor onboarding
• Manage number of vendor facilities and new approvals
• Work with Technical, QA and Mill management team to ensure all commercial decision and standards are met
• Partner with Mill management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues
• Manage bulk production tracking processes to meet RDC expectations
• Track & manage embargo alert to ensure timely delivery with quality products
• Ensure fabric is up to standard and make sure they have gone through proper testing (WWD/P/S not applicable)
• Negotiate with factories on major/critical order/production details, such as delivery date.
• Facilitate Merchandiser to solve order tracking problems.
• Be sensitive and alert proactively on high risk potential order problem to ensure production on track through regular production meeting and cc mail.
• Provide recommendation on claim settlement options
• Travel to vendor and factory locations to resolve production issues
• Resolve issues within a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures
• Review and evaluate vendor performance