Chức vụ:Nhân viên
Kinh nghiệm:Không yêu cầu
Hình thức làm việc:Toàn thời gian cố định
Yêu cầu bằng cấp:Không yêu cầu
Yêu cầu giới tính:Không yêu cầu
Số lượng cần tuyển:0 ứng viên
Mô tả công việc
( Xem thêm )
( Rút gọn )
Các bài viết về nhân viên Giáo dục - Đào tạo :
Location OUCRU-VN offices at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Kim Chung, Dong Anh & Phuong Mai, Dong Da, Hanoi. Travel to hospitals, units around Hanoi, within Viet Nam or internationally will be required.
Hours of work
Full time Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
Tenure Initially for 01 year, including a 02 months probation period, with possibility of extension based on annual performance appraisal and Research approval
Reporting to Hanoi Office Director
Vacancy reference 2018/11/07_HN_Bioinformatician
Background The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Vietnam (OUCRU-VN) is a large-scale clinical and public health research Unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu, Jakarta, Bangkok and Shantou. As a Wellcome Trust Major Overseas Programme, we have received considerable support from the Wellcome Trust since our establishment in 1991.
OUCRU – VN aims to have a positive and significant impact on global health and, in particular, the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. This is being achieved via an integrated long-term research programme, contributions to training, the scientific literature, national and international meetings and membership of national and international committees. Priority is given to health issues important to the hospitals, and to Viet Nam as a whole. All work is intended not only to benefit the patients seen daily at our host hospitals, but also to help improve patient care throughout Viet Nam and the region.
The main research interests are influenza and antimicrobial resistance. As part of the latter we are partnering with NHTD to establish laboratory and surveillance reference capacity.
• The post holder will work with high-throughput genomic datasets generated by short-read Illumina and long-read Nanopore MinION sequencers;
• Develop, maintain and perform bioinformatics analysis using a local Open Stack cloud and a high-performance computing (HPC) cluster.
• Contracted salary: Negotiate (depending on actual experience and education)
• Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
• 13th month salary (annual bonus)
• One-month salary for annual clothes
• Annual leave 18 days/year (increased to 21 days in year three, 28 days in year four and 30 days from year five).
• Vietnam Social & Health insurance, Sick leave, Personal leave, Maternity leave and National holidays will be based on Vietnam Labor Law
Yêu cầu công việc
Key responsibilities and tasks • Implement and maintain bioinformatics pipelines for Illumina and Nanopore datasets
• Set up and configure computer system, network for bioinformatics analysis
• Communicate and assist bench-top biologists on bioinformatics related sequencing tasks
• Conduct data processing, statistical analysis, comparative genomics analysis, genomic epidemiology, presentation and interpretation of bioinformatic data, and contribute to the preparation of manuscripts.
• Provide technical advice/support and conduct training on bioinformatics analysis for other researchers, collaborators, and PhD/M.Sc. students
Other Requirements • Where the applicant is unfamiliar with the job they may be required to spend time learning the fundamental aspects of this discipline.
• Other tasks requested by Director
Selection criteria Essential
• Strong background (MSc or PhD) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, Mathematical Biology, Statistics, or a related computational subject, proficiency in Linux and at least one programming language.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as engagement with scientists in related projects throughout the unit and collaborators will be key to success in the role.
• Strong experience in Linux, Cloud (Open Stack) and HPC (SLURM)
• Fluent in an advanced programming language (preferably Python or R)
• Experience of handling data and managing an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
• Ability to supervise junior staff
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience of utilizing open source bioinformatics software and a workflow manager (Snakemake, Nextflow, Galaxy)
• Knowledge of packaging bioinformatics software (Bioconda, Brew) and containerisation solution (Docker, Singularity)
• Experience of comparative genomic analysis and genomic epidemiology for prokaryotic genomes
• Experience with the presentation of complex datasets
• Experience with the writing of scientific manuscripts
• Knowledge of infectious disease epidemiology
• Knowledge of bacteria, viruses, antimicrobial resistance
How to apply Interested candidates are invited to send curriculum vitae, application* and copies of relevant certificates, either by email or by post to
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Vietnam
National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
78 Giai phong, Dong da, Ha noi
* The cover letter should detail: What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position?
• - Why you would make a good candidate for this position?
- Names of two referees who can provide details of relevant experience
* Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application
Contact person Ms. Bui Huyen Trang
Deadline for submission 7 November 2018
Quyền lợi được hưởng
- Under company policy