Mô tả công việc
( Xem thêm )
( Rút gọn )
Các bài viết về nhân viên Nông - Lâm - Ngư - Nghiệp :
Working place: Save Vietnam’s Wildlife, Cuc Phuong National Park
Reporting to: Field Manager
Introduction to the recruitment job: SVW is seeking two positions: One Filed Researcher and one Data Analyst:
SVW is seeking a data analyst to join our team. If you love numbers, data, or coding we want to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in conservation in Vietnam. The successful candidate will gain research skills, knowledge of the conservation challenges facing the country’s biodiversity, and work experience in a national non-profit. This position is open to anyone who fits the position criteria; if you are looking for a career change and want to work in wildlife conservation, this could be the job for you. The successful person will provide technical support across SVW’s enforcement, community and field research teams. Support and training will be given in English by an international technical adviser.
SVW is seeking an enthusiastic early-career conservationist to join our field team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in conservation in Vietnam. The successful candidate will gain research skills, practical experience in surveying rare mammals, knowledge of the conservation challenges facing pangolins and small carnivores in Vietnam, and work experience in a conservation organization. Training will be given in English; the successful candidate will work with SVW’s research team, which includes an international technical adviser.
Duration: Full-time employment, 1-year contract with the possibility of extension, 3-month probation period.
Expected starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive salary
Responsibilities of Data Analyst:
- Manage enforcement, field research and community data
- Ensure data quality standards are maintained across the organisation
- Collate and review trade records from SVW’s wildlife rescue operations
- Maintain a public-facing database for Vietnam’s pangolin and small carnivore species
- Engage Vietnamese social media groups and similar that have an interest in wildlife conservation and nature; promote “citizen science” for priority species in Vietnam
- Encourage national research institutes, non-profits and government agencies to share their trade and field records on threatened pangolin and carnivore species
Responsibilities of Field Researcher:
- Monitoring post-release Sunda Pangolins
- Camera-trapping for rare mammals
- Data analysis of camera-trapping data; production of summary reports and visuals
- Data analysis on post-release movements of Sunda Pangolins; production of summary reports of visuals
- Liaison with government partners and other relevant authorities
• Working on a NGO and English speaking environment
• Opportunities for advancement in a dynamic growing organization
• Meaningful to society - there is no other job like it in the world
How to apply: Applicants are requested to send a CV and a one-page cover letter (written in English) addressing the position criteria via VietnamWorks
Application deadline: 15/03/2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.