+ Identify merchandise to be sold in store by:
- Analyzing the market demand and market trend.
- Identifying new and latest merchandise, brand in the market.
- View the balance stock to see fast moving, slow moving and basic items.
+ Survey and select suppliers/vendors:
- Do market survey: Get information about customer needs and preferences from vendors, current suppliers, competitors and select the sources of the fast moving and hot merchandise.
- Remain exiting and seek new tenants who may qualify to do business with the company and identifies suppliers for purchases.
+ Negotiating and contracting for the merchandise purchase.
- Negotiate prices, discount items and transportation arrangements, return old stock and slow moving items for the purchase of the merchandise.
- Be responsible for negotiating and preparing terms and conditions of the merchandising contract in accordance with the company conditions and law requirements.
+ Support suppliers, tenants in opening counters.
- Cooperate with suppliers/tenants to present and discuss about floor plan, lay out, fixtures, perspective plan, and installation within time frame given.
- Prepare and submit all necessary documents (floor plan, layout, fixture, subclass,...) to get approval and inform related departments and suppliers/tenants for opening new brand if any.
- Provide merchandises information for operations: supplier contact, price list, merchandise display checking, subclass, discount summary.
+ Support in managing merchandise.
- Check and support counters in displaying merchandise.
- Check to make sure the vendors/suppliers use the correct subclass and have delivered the correct merchandise.
- Discuss with supplier to select efficient merchandise for selling in the store.
- Secure enough goods for store inventory.
+ Place order and follow up on the order place:
- Select merchandise at the most favorable terms and conditions, price consistent with quantity, quality, specification requirements and other factors.
- Issue, review, verify purchase orders and process requisitions.
- Check deliveries and review order received for accuracy and best condition of merchandise; perform liaison between departments to have action for returning of wrong, damage items.
+ Review the merchandise sales performances (good/slow) and the assortment (right/wrong) periodically.
+ Cooperate with suppliers to conduct proper action to increase sale bases on the merchandise sales performances.
- Reorder good demand merchandise and still in demand
- Return under performance merchandise to suppliers if the purchase terms allowed.
- Issue IST (internal store transfer) to transfer stock to the faster moving stores.
- Set or recommend mark up rates, mark down rates and selling prices for merchandise.
+ Conduct the promotion activities to increase sales margin and to get rid of slow items.
- Cooperate with A & P department to suggest and select merchandise for promotion.
- Discuss with supplier about terms and conditions for promotions items.
- Make sure the order for store’s promotions will arrival on time.
- Confer closely to store about promotion activities before its start and during the events.
+ Coach sales staffs and other related personnel on product knowledge and attractive displaying.